Baseball Toaster was unplugged on February 4, 2009.
I have a couple more questions after finishing "Juiced" and seeing his "60 Minutes" interview -
1. Why no mention of your brother, Ozzie? Did you not help him the same way you allegedly helped others?
1a. Ozzie was good enough to make the majors, if not stay there, and to play in credible leagues until recently. Would you have been Ozzie without steroids?
2. How did you get access to hGH in 1985, just as it became available to the public as Humatrope? At an estimated cost of $30,000 for a therapeutic dose (presumably much smaller than used for performance enhancement), why would he share it?
3. A's, Rays, Rangers - what about your time with the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and White Sox? Why no steroid lessons there?
4. After 1991, you only played 150 games or more once. Was THIS also an effect of your steroid use?
5. Why inject in the stadium? What's the value?
5a. Why inject "before games or batting practice?" There's NO medical reason to do so.
6. If you used steroids regularly and with as much knowledge as you allege, what happened between 1992 and 1997?
6a. What changed in 1998?
6b. Why didn't you keep doing that?
7. How much was the advance on your book? Why sell your World Series ring on Ebay just months before what you had to presume was going to be a big payday?
I'm sure you have more. Feel free to share in comments.
Here's another thing ... when Mike Wallace shows up at your door, bad things are about to happen. Has anyone ever sat across from that man and come out looking good?
Oops, I thought it said Questions for Ken. My mistake. I apologize.
Oops I double posted.
Comment status: comments have been closed. Baseball Toaster is now out of business.